Whether you are camping, working, taking summer school, or at home lounging around, it may be hard to avoid mosquitoes! These pesky little insects are really good at going after us. The first thing you should do is try to prevent yourself from getting mosquito bites!
1. Apply an insect & mosquito repellent (you can buy these at your nearest grocery store)
4. Wear light coloured clothing! Show off that new white dress or neon coloured shirt you bought! Mosquitoes love dark colours such as blue and black, don’t let them catch you wearing these colours during summertime.
However, if you DO get bitten by a mosquito, you may try the following methods to sooth and lessen the itching and swelling of the bite:
2. Apply an ice cube or an ice cube pack onto the infected area. This helps stop the swelling and reduces the itchiness greatly
3. If you have ‘Tiger Balm,’ apply this onto your mosquito bite. Tiger Balm is a special kind of cream used to treat insect bites, headaches, nausea, muscle pain, heartburn, etc. However, it is only available in Asia or in Chinese stores. It is very popular in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, China, and Vietnam.
4. If you don’t have Tiger Balm, don’t worry! You could use an alternative such as an Aloe Vera Gel. Aloe vera gel (from the leaves) have some medicinal effects to help sooth sunburns, burns, and even insect bites. If you don’t have any handy at home, they are available at grocery stores or beauty product shops.
Remember, if you have a mosquito bite, do NOT scratch it! Scratching it could infect it and cause it to swell even more or worse, you could get permanent scarring on your skin.
We hope these tips are helpful to you ^^* feel free to leave us feedback!